The last thing you want to do is find yourself stranded with a flat tire on the side of the road. Changing a tire is never fun but it is necessary to know how to do should you find yourself in this situation. At your local Porsche dealership serving Los Angeles, we are happy to help you get a new tire mounted and balanced when you need it. However, in the meantime, Porsche Woodland Hills wants you to know the following steps so that you can change a tire until you can make it to our service center:
Changing Your Tire:
- Be sure that you get your Porsche Cayenne or Porsche Macan to a safe area where you have plenty of room to work.
- Grab the spare tire, the jack for the car, and the tire iron.
- Loosen up the lugs on the wheel for the tire that is flat before jacking it up.
- Take off the flat tire and then install the spare tire.
- Lower the vehicle, making sure that all of the wheel lugs are fully tightened.
Tip: You might be unsure of the best spots to place the jack to lift your Porsche car. In this instance, you can refer to the owner’s manual to find out the best jacking locations.
You should always have a properly inflated spare tire ready to go in your vehicle. Once you change out the flat with your spare, you should make an appointment in our Porsche service center so that we can get you a new tire mounted and balanced before sending you on your way. Porsche Woodland Hills is located at 21301 Ventura in sunny Woodland Hills, CA when you need a new tire for your vehicle. To contact our service team to set up a tire appointment, simply give us a call at (818) 639-3763.